Paul Dewar and New Democrats believe in:
- Maintaining the universality of Old Age Security (OAS) and increasing funding for the Guaranteed Section 3 - Investing in a Canada Where No One is Left Behind 9 Income Supplement (GIS)
- Ensuring automatic eligibility for OAS and GIS recipients to ensure seniors receive the benefits to which they are entitled
- Mandating the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Investment Board to invest a portion of their assets in developing Canadian businesses and in socially responsible enterprise
- Ensuring workers and retirees participate on private pension management boards; and
- Creating an ombudsman for seniors.
1306 Wellington Street
Requests for passes to question period:
Please call my office at 613-946-8682 and provide the full names of all guests who will be attending. The names will be forwarded to visitor services.
Please give us at least 24 hours advance notice to fulfill your request.
**PLEASE NOTE: My office no longer issues physical passes to question period. They are now issued by House of Commons security**
It is not necessary to have an MP pass to sit in the public gallery when the House of Commons is in session.
To see when the House of Commons is in session visit: House of Commons Calendar
Question period starts at 2:15pm Monday-Thursday and at 11:15am on Fridays.
It is advisable to arrive at least 30 minutes beforehand.